The Atlas Corps Fellowship is a 12-month, direct-service fellowship offered twice a year (March and September). Fellows serve at Host Organizations such as Ashoka, the Grameen Foundation, Habitat for Humanity, Susan G. Komen, the UN Foundation, Oxfam, WWF, and the U.S. Peace Corps. In addition to serving at an organization related to their experience, Fellows will learn leadership skills and nonprofit best practices while networking with skilled nonprofit professionals from around the world.
Atlas Corps seeks nonprofit leaders from around the world (every nation, including the U.S.) to apply for a March 2012 Fellowship in the U.S. or Colombia. Basic expenses are paid in this prestigious fellowship program, including a living stipend, health insurance, training, and flight/visa costs.
- 2 or more years of relevant experience in the nonprofit/NGO/social sector
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- English fluency or high proficiency (oral, writing, reading)
- 35 years or younger (average age is 28 years old)
- Applying to volunteer in a country other than where you are from
- Commitment to return to your home country after the 12-18 month fellowship
- Applicants to Colombia program must have Spanish proficiency
- Applicants may be from any country, including U.S. citizens going overseas
For more details about eligibility requirements and the application process, please visit: http://www.atlascorps.org/apply.php